Page 203 of 307 FirstFirst ... 193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 6121

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dope View Post
    Jombo
    i knew their terms, I am in my 50s and betting since I was 15.
    i just did not think they were allowed change THEIR OWN terms and conditions actually the girl on the phone said

when you put an ante post bet on if there are non runners this effects the price.

that will tell you all you need to know
    I assume she meant it effects the place terms.

Just to clarify QC or anyone - If you back ante post in 20 runner handicap - It is quarter odds 4 places

if only 9 runners on day is it then just fifth odds 3 places - Which is fair enough I think as you have acquired the better price based on number of runners at time of placing bet. Thanks.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    I assume she meant it effects the place terms.

Just to clarify QC or anyone - If you back ante post in 20 runner handicap - It is quarter odds 4 places

if only 9 runners on day is it then just fifth odds 3 places - Which is fair enough I think as you have acquired the better price based on number of runners at time of placing bet. Thanks.
    Just to clarify your clarification.
    If you back ante post in a 20 runner handicap it is a quarter odds 4 places.................UNLESS the firm displays different place terms !!!

Registered Member
    I wasn't clarifying - I was asking.

So if there are only 4 of the twenty runners left on the day - All 4 places count?

Degenerate Member
    No Clancy, you are right,

if i back antpost in a 18 runner handicap and only 12 run, I qualify for the 4 places even though there are only 12 places.
    they cannot change the places and odds on an ante post that’s why they have terms and conditions.

anyway I will chase it up thru ibas and other avenues
    Last edited by the dope; 24-11-2019 at 12:35.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    I wasn't clarifying - I was asking.

So if there are only 4 of the twenty runners left on the day - All 4 places count?
    Yes !

Registered Member
    Thanks

Degenerate Member
    No Clancy, you are right,

if i back antpost in a 18 runner handicap and only 12 run, I qualify for the 4 places envelope if there are only 12 places.
    they cannot change the places and odds on an ante post that’s why they have terms and conditions.

anyway I will chase it up thru bias and other avenues
    They cannot change the terms they have advertised on the race afterwards/later !! If they advertised the race at one fifth the odds, thats what they would pay. If they advertised it at one quarter the odds, thats what they would pay. If they advertised it at one seventh the odds, thats what they would pay.
    It all depends on what each way terms they advertised when they formed the market.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    They cannot change the terms they have advertised on the race afterwards/later !! If they advertised the race at one fifth the odds, thats what they would pay. If they advertised it at one quarter the odds, thats what they would pay. If they advertised it at one seventh the odds, thats what they would pay.
    It all depends on what each way terms they advertised when they formed the market.
    Qc
    we had three bets however the lad who put the bet on never wrote the place terms down, he forgot.
    its a few quid so will let you know how we get on.
    horse racing is a tax on the stupid.

Degenerate Member
    Qc
    we had three bets however the lad who put the bet on never wrote the place terms down, he forgot.
    its a few quid so will let you know how we get on.
    But you said that Powers have informed you that they were going one fifth the odds instead of the standard one quarter. If that is the case, they will pay you at a fifth. Because thats what they advertised ! They could have advertised one fifth the odds the first eight if they wanted, its entirely down to them. You are focusing solely on the standard each way terms that they normally go but emphasis on the word normally. They are entitled to go whatever terms they want and its up to the punter to decide who he wants to bet with then.

I've said my piece, leave me out of it now.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    Boom boom has tipped up a Harvey smith horse today!
    And in it goes. The double wouldnt be a surprise.
    Keep an eye on her horses now.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 24-11-2019 at 14:34.

Degenerate Member
    Sue smith gets the double.

Degenerate Member
    And in it goes. The double wouldnt be a surprise.
    Keep an eye on her horses now.
    QC- did you have those 2 on the private line?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    QC- did you have those 2 on the private line?
    haha, that joke is wearing thin now.

But you will probably have guessed that a certain person in this household is gloating over the double. She was on at 7's on each of them.

She owns the only private line in here

Degenerate Member
    There is a horse in this 3.10 race to keep a very close eye on. I am NOT telling anyone to back it, just watch it closely.
    It is Vetoncall for Alan Jones. Some of you on here might know a bit about the stable. I have wrote about it on here before and most people know my thoughts. But he can ready one and it looked as though he had it ready last time when it was gambled on down to 3/1 fav but was tailed before it pulled up. It had gone off at 66's twice, 33's and 100/1 on its four starts for the yard.
    That money is only lent ! He will get it back !!

The race is going off now, lets just see how it runs.

Registered Member
    I am down in Limerick for weekend.

Went into Ladbrokes / Boyles and Powers - Put situation to them as above.

Ante Post - over 16 runners - etc.

Without hesitation they all said it reverts to the situation on the day of race.

That is - If 3 places - That is what you will get - Obviously you get your price - but that’s all you get.

The lady in Boyles even rang head office to confirm.

Degenerate Member
    They are all completely wrong !!

Degenerate Member
    There is a horse in this 3.10 race to keep a very close eye on. I am NOT telling anyone to back it, just watch it closely.
    It is Vetoncall for Alan Jones. Some of you on here might know a bit about the stable. I have wrote about it on here before and most people know my thoughts. But he can ready one and it looked as though he had it ready last time when it was gambled on down to 3/1 fav but was tailed before it pulled up. It had gone off at 66's twice, 33's and 100/1 on its four starts for the yard.
    That money is only lent ! He will get it back !!

The race is going off now, lets just see how it runs.
    Completely tailed !! But i am still going to keep an eye on it.

Degenerate Member
    Ante post bets are settled at the price AND PLACE terms available when the bet was struck !!!!!

That means if i have an each way bet and the advertised place terms are one quarter odds for the first six and only six end up running then i am guaranteed to get paid out. (as long as it doesnt fall that is).
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 24-11-2019 at 15:42.

Degenerate Member
    From Powers own site !

With the exception of ante-post bets, the below each-way terms for horse and greyhound racing events are settled on the actual number of runners which are deemed to have run in the race and not the number of initial declared runners:

Note the "With the exception of ante post bets" !!!!!

Degenerate Member
    Get yourself back to those shops and tell them that they havent got a f***ing clue what they are talking about and that they are interrupting me from eating my sherry trifle !!!!!

Thread Information