Page 332 of 337 FirstFirst ... 322330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,640 of 6729

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Place money copped if you were on at the bigger prices.

Looking forward to the old boy, Invicta Lake, in the next at Exeter. I still say there could be a race in him and they wont come much easier than this. And with a good kid on top taking another 7lb off, rule him out at your peril !

The missus is on. Well not literally.

Degenerate Member
    at least you're still giving them out for free, i find even with the few succesfull free tipsters they eventually go the subscription path.

I've been following @ArkleTips on twitter the last 4 months and he's made me a few quid, unfortunately his tips will no longer be free from the 1st December, I hope he bucks the trend and doesn't start losing money when the pressure of providing tips to paid-up members begins.
    Last edited by typhoon; 22-11-2020 at 22:24.

Degenerate Member
    Why is Sir Mickey putting Rockcliffe in a 3 miler tomorrow?

That horse is probably worth a bet in a 2 miler, especially at Musselbrough, in the near future, correct?
    Last edited by Gamblor; 23-11-2020 at 02:09.

Degenerate Member
    Kisumu also runs in a different 3 miler at the same track.

Both only out for a stroll I take it?

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    at least you're still giving them out for free, i find even with the few succesfull free tipsters they eventually go the subscription path.

I've been following @ArkleTips on twitter the last 4 months and he's made me a few quid, unfortunately his tips will no longer be free from the 1st December, I hope he bucks the trend and doesn't start losing money when the pressure of providing tips to paid-up members begins.

don't be giving QC ideas? Anyway Id say that boat has long sailed away!

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Kisumu also runs in a different 3 miler at the same track.

Both only out for a stroll I take it?

That horse is probably worth a bet in a 2 miler, especially at Musselbrough, in the near future, correct?
    one couldn't be backing these with confidence today regardless of what QC or the Maestro says. The only thing going in there favour today is that both races are of a poor standard

Degenerate Member

This horse, and Kisumu, were in two of the races i did and they both wouldnt be getting a penny out of me.

Kisumu is what he is and there is no plan or plot with him. He just plods around and picks up some place money now and again and he may one day win a race. But he has had plenty of chances in the past and its best just to leave him alone.

As for Rockcliffe, i did have a delve into his races and although i wouldnt touch him today, i reckon the maestro has Catterick in mind for him and there are a few meetings coming up there in December and January. I think he is still capable of winning another race and i shall be watching his entries closely. But i doubt that today is the day for either of them.

Now just watch the pair of then sluice up

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post

I know what you are saying mate but with the greatest of respect, i am not a tipster, have never been a tipster nor do i ever want to be classed as one. I am just a bloke whose working days are over (although i am not at retirement age yet) who spends his days studying form, watching replays, watching the racing and having a bit of craic on here. And if i can make a few quid for the lads on here then i am more than happy.
    As most people know, i detest "tipsters" and their pretentiousness. The fact that they think they are so good that they can charge people for divulging their guesses really annoys me. And thats all they are, guesses !!! You have all heard me say it time and time again but at the end of the day, we are all guessers. We have a stab at what we think is gong to win but thats all it is. And bear in mind that we all have access to the same form websites, same race replays etc and they have nothing else more than we have. I probably spend more time studying than anyone else on here but that doesnt mean i am immune to backing losers. I'm just guessing. Fair enough, i like to think that they are educated guesses bearing in mind how much time i do devote to it but at the end of the day i am a guesser like EVERYBODY ELSE !!!!!!!
    I had a conversation with a lad on here just a couple of days about how this is the one sport/pastime/hobby where many people want to be seen as better than everyone else. They want to be seen to be "connected", or getting "info", that they are "in the know". But as soon as i see anything like that my first thought is LOSER !!
    I would say that 99.99% of people who say those sort of things dont get any such thing and just want to be thought of as better than the others. But its all bullshit to bolster their sad little lives. By saying those things they do tempt others into backing the crap (lies) that they put up and costing those lads money. Just a couple of weeks ago a mate of mine pointed something out that someone had posted and then showed me something that he had copied from a trainers website. This person had said that he was "in the know" about a certain horse running soon (it got beat) but all he had done was lifted it from the trainers website and jumbled the words round a bit. Tossers !!!!!

I've digressed a bit but as you can see, it does wind me up. I actually wish the lad all the best because i want everyone to beat the fraudsters that masquerade as "bookmakers" today. The standard of them today is the worst i've known and the word "dire" is what comes to mind. But he will feel the pressure. One of the things i disliked about the website i did for those few days was having to put something up each day.. As it turned out, i put winners up every day and on the last day i got three from three but i still hated it. It is definitely pressure. Whereas on here i can come and go as i please.

Now look what you started !!!

9. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member

Very well said QC

Degenerate Member
    Hills have put Scoop The Pot in at 7's tomorrow. Will it win ????? I havent got a clue ! If all horse run on their merits and no handbrakes are applied would it win ????? The others wouldnt see which way it went !!!!!

Degenerate Member
    Race of the day for me is the first at Musselburgh. I am dying to see Sweet Flora in "action". If you look at most of its runs and then look at its price you could be forgiven for thinking that there wont be much action. I agree with that. But if anybody wants to explain its run at Catterick last December then i am all ears. I think you all know by now how Kenny and Alison work and patience is top of their list. And we all know it pays off and i reckon it will with this mare. Her form figures do not inspire although she has finished closer in some races than King Golan and Cryogenics did but that Catterick run just tells me there is a race for her one day and no doubt it will be a big price. She finished fifth beaten just nine and a half lengths by the currently 117 rated Full Of Surprises. She was just five lengths behind Kilconny Bridge who has won six of her seven races including a point and who won again at Chepstow two weeks ago. And Sweet Flora was having to give her 3lb. She was only two necks behind Royal Cosmic who is currently rated 103. And she was only a neck behind Designer Destiny who has been off since but is rated 115.
    And dear old Sweet Flora is rated just 72 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is at least one race in her and i intend to be on when she does. She will probably be tailed today but that is all part of the plan. She runs soon so i'd better get my skates on. As long as she comes home safe and sound, the dream lives on

Degenerate Member
    Pammi runs in the 12.40....

There's money for it this morning....

Degenerate Member
    Rockckiffe gone from 25s into 14s

Kisumu drifting.

Degenerate Member
    Pammi runs in the 12.40....

There's money for it this morning....
    Not guilty mate

I only played around with the price of one today and believe it or not, the missus has only had one bet today. I've took her temperature and checked her blood pressure but she seems ok

Degenerate Member
    She'll be checking your chin if Pammi romps home in 5 minutes time...

What did she back? Nothing mentioned here?

Degenerate Member
    She'll be checking your chin if Pammi romps home in 5 minutes time...

What did she back? Nothing mentioned here?
    She'll have to catch me first !

In the last at Musselburgh, Emirat De Catana. Its the one i played around with as well. I put it in at 6/1 but there was 14's nearly everywhere last night. It is 8lb lower than its win last year and the jock takes another 5lb off. I thought it may well have won a chase at Perth in August but for coming down at the last. The horse that was just behind him at the time, Court Dreaming, has won since. I wasnt surprised to see him going back hurdling and the drop back in trip from last time should help.
    He is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination but he should run his race.

18. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Value gone now, good luck with it. Hope it does the business

Racing against the almighty Kisumu as well...
    Last edited by Gamblor; 23-11-2020 at 14:12.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Hills have put Scoop The Pot in at 7's tomorrow. Will it win ????? I havent got a clue ! If all horse run on their merits and no handbrakes are applied would it win ????? The others wouldnt see which way it went !!!!!
    I've had to back it. The fraudsters all pushed it out to 12's which was very kind of them so the money is now down. This is one of those where it is either going to hose up or be completely tailed and falling out the back of the telly.

I would prefer the former.

Nortonthorpelegend is the obvious one to beat but i reckon we will see a much better run from Late Date today. But if Scoop The Pot is on one of his going days, the others will only see his backend.
    Last edited by Quixall Crossett; 24-11-2020 at 10:57.

21. 3 Thanks from:
    Gamblor, ONEDUNME, petemarik

Degenerate Member
    Nortonthorplegend drifting as well. Love it.

Degenerate Member
    well done QC- place money landed-if it could jump better it might have won.

Thread Information