Page 230 of 256 FirstFirst ... 220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 5106

Thread: Rambling and Gambling

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Apologies if it was already mentioned here I missed it - But what is the story with the new race times eg. 2.31 Huntingdon - 1.13 Doncaster etc. Thanks.

Its (apparently) an attempt to stop races clashing and the need to hold other races back while one is in progress.

Another BHA masterstroke

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixall Crossett View Post
    Its (apparently) an attempt to stop races clashing and the need to hold other races back while one is in progress.

Another BHA masterstroke
    masterstroke!

Degenerate Member

Albertos Dream won four times in 2018 but hasnt won since. He has since changed stable and hasnt shown a great deal for Katy Price but is another who will appreciate the trip and is now 1lb lower than his last winning mark.

this is the one for this race!

Registered Member

Another BHA masterstroke
    DISGRACEFUL

THE 1.14 at Portman Park had to be put back 5 minutes for the HUNTINGDON 2.31

Degenerate Member
    QUOTE - I watched a few of the races from Fontwell and i spotted a horse that was blatantly ridden for another day. To be honest, i think the jock got a bit closer than he really wanted to but then again, if he'd have kept hold of it more than he actually did, the stewards might have woken from their slumber and actually spotted it. I've watched the race again since i got home and i've gone thru the racing calendar. I'm not going to name the horse now, i dont want these naughty bookie chappies who read this forum seeing it, but i reckon it will reappear in either the Plumpton 4.15 on Feb 10th in a 0-110 handicap hurdle or two weeks later on the 24th in the 4.35, a 0-100 handicap hurdle. Both of those races are over 3m 1f.

He is entered but that is the easy part. Plotting a horses path can be time consuming but it is fun and it does pay off. But he now has to be declared on Sunday, the opposition have to be good enough so it will be a decent price but not good enough to beat him . I also dont want the ground to be too heavy. It is currently soft, heavy in places and the Clerk of the Course has said that it was drying yesterday, will dry again today, but then they were expecting rain over the weekend before a dry day Monday.

Like i said, plotting its route was the easy part

6. 1 Thanks from:
    Gamblor

Degenerate Member
    Going back to that race, Paul Nicholls has the top weight and i could do with him running it. Firstly because it keeps the weight down but more importantly, it might help make the market for mine. The Nicholls thing is one of the worst in his stable and Chris Gordon will be taking charge of it soon. To show you how bad it is, it is rated 111. I am rated 113 !!

Degenerate Member
    Two more out of the Champion Hurdle. What a mediocre affair it is this year. Rumour has it that JP is bringing Istabraq out of retirement to run in it at the age of 28. Corals have introduced him into the market at 5/2. That wouldnt be far away from what they would go. I've just looked at their betting and they have ducked every horse in the race apart from the 50/1 chance Elgin.
    Out of them all, Corals/Ladcrooks are the most clueless.

Degenerate Member
    Good luck if you get involved in the big hurdle race at Newbury today. I think you'll need it. Its obviously not a race i get involved in anymore. I had a few good winners in the race over the years but also had some that were either unlucky or just touched off and they seem to be the ones that i always remember.
    Why do we always remember the bad times ??

For what its worth, my 20 minute glance on Thursday after the decs came out ended up with Ciel De Niege. Mrs Crossett got on at 12's but a tipping line must have put it up because there's thousands trying to get on it on Betfair. and has been since yesterday afternoon.
    It definitely isnt her tipping line !

Fancies anyone ?

Degenerate Member
    Hard to know if certain horses will be trying as hard as they should today given Cheltenham around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by ceiphas50 View Post
    Hard to know if certain horses will be trying as hard as they should today given Cheltenham around the corner
    I was listening to some radio show last night with a jockey talking about a horse ,he said that they'd run him at nass just to get him right for punchestown ,I took that to mean that he wouldn't be winning but will be at punchestown
    Last edited by fridge; 08-02-2020 at 10:38. Reason: Predictive text
    My balls feel like a pair of maracas Frank Zappa R.I.P

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    I was listening to some radio show last night with a jockey talking about a horse ,he said that they'd run him at nass just to get him right for punchestown ,I took that to mean that he wouldn't be winning but will be at punchestown
    Any chance of enlightening us with the name of the animal? Thanks.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ceiphas50 View Post
    I suppose its a possibilty mate but i cant see the sense in not trying in a race worth 87k to the winner. Secondly, the only alternative at Cheltenham is the County Hurdle worth 57k to the winner.
    The "not trying" would be the prep races for this to either get dropped a few pounds or at the very least, not go up in the weights.

I used to love getting stuck into races like this but nowadays i get tired just looking at them

p.s. And one more thing. The race is called the Schweppes ! And it always will be.
    Which reminds me, i read Ryan Price's book again just before xmas. That was his race. For those who havent read it, its called The Price Of Success, written by Peter Bromley. Well worth a read. I think i've read it at least three times.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clancy View Post
    Any chance of enlightening us with the name of the animal? Thanks.
    I haven't looked but it shouldn't be too difficult to work out

Degenerate Member
    The Warwick 3.50 was a tricky one to suss. I've stopped putting up the ones that have been put in far too big because i dont want people losing money on horses that are primarily put up as movers. That said, they always have some sort of chance. But the Warwick 3.50 threw one up in Dadsintrouble. I couldnt believe the 40/1 that was on offer with one firm but needless to say, i didnt get any of that. But i did get some 33's and 28's which isnt bad for one that i put in at 16's. The horse stays well, loves the ground and was rated as high as 137 a couple of years ago. He has come down 11lb in the last year and now runs off 121. He was staying on late at Market Rasen last time out in November over 2m 7f and the break will be no problem as he does go well fresh.
    The 40/1 was an insult.

Degenerate Member
    Going back to what i said the other day about how stats can look deceiving. I mentioned Paul Nicholls as an example. His current record now stands at 3 winners from his last 22 runners and all three were short priced favs. One of them was Bob And Co which won by about 150L in a sad excuse for a race. And in those 22 runners have come nine beaten favs.

Degenerate Member
    Hills put the prices in for tomorrows Pertemps hurdle at Exeter at 8.33 this morning but have since cut 13 of the 14 runners prices and are currently betting to around 150%.
    Obviously nobody there has a clue what they are doing and i would have been totally embarrassed to publish them.

What has happened to this game !!!!!??????

Degenerate Member
    Stupid fucking comment of the day (and quite possibly the decade) from the dumb bint on Sky Racing "Can I change my mind and say that Echo Watt is definitely a safe bet"

What, after the race? Course you can lady. Why don't you go and ask the bookie if they'll pay you out on it.

TWAT!

Degenerate Member
    In the hope that Exeter goes ahead tomorrow, here are a few snippets for the veterans chase. More about another race later.

Joe Farrell has been off since the Hennessy where he finished a decent enough seventh. He has been dropped 2lb for that, but is still 7lb higher than his last win which was the Scottish National in 2018.
    Sametegal has not won for nearly four years but that said, he has had only six starts since that win in March 2016. Conditions will be fine but the trip at a track like this are a cause for concern.
    Missed Approach has been missing since the Becher chase in December 2018. He won that years "Kim Muir" at the festival off a 3lb lower mark than he runs off here. Well beaten on his only start here.
    Kings Odyssey has been well beaten in his last two starts but did win at Warwick in November off a 2lb lower mark. That was over 3m that day but the 3m trip here is far different and it is a worry.
    Jepeck is flying at the moment but is up to a career high mark of 139. Although he won at Sandown last time out, he has always seemed better going left handed. His five runs round Exeter have resulted in form figures of P3336.
    It remains to be seen which Burtons Well turns up. On a going day he could go close but those days are very few and far between. He has first time cheekpieces on here but its a fact that his two runs right handed have resulted in him being pulled up on one occasion and beaten at 1/5 on the other.
    Perfect Candidate won this race in 2017 off a mark of 150 which is 15lb higher than here. Obviously he is not as good now but he is still running really well and followed up his Haydock win in November with a second there last time out. He would have to be my pick.
    Abolitionist should not be ruled out even though his form figures wouldnt fill you with confidence. I remember him finishing third to Our Duke in the 2017 Irish National off a 13lb higher mark than he runs off here. He stays well and could be the dark horse in the race.
    Strong Pursuit was well beaten on his comeback run last time out. He will come on for that run but only nine runs under rules at the age of ten tell a story. I think this trip here will stretch him.
    And finally, Regal Flow. The old boy stays well and was just touched off by Jepeck at Sandown at the beginning of January but was very disappointing when pulling up at Taunton last time out. But he is another who hasnt seemed to have a liking to this track in the past and he has been tailed off on all three starts here.

And there you have it.
    Fancies, comments welcome as usual

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Stupid fucking comment of the day (and quite possibly the decade) from the dumb bint on Sky Racing "Can I change my mind and say that Echo Watt is definitely a safe bet"

What, after the race? Course you can lady. Why don't you go and ask the bookie if they'll pay you out on it.

TWAT!
    Serves you right for having the sound on !!

Degenerate Member
    And there was another one that was given a strange sort of ride at Cheltenham yesterday and i watched that race twice last night when i got home. This one will win (or at the very least place) at a nice price before this season is out. Its actually entered at the festival but i dont want it running in that race.
    More later.

That was from a couple of weeks ago. The horse in question was Kilbricken Storm who was up against Paisley Park, I was hoping Tizzard would target the Coral Cup or the Pertemps preferably the latter. He is in the Pertemps qualifier tomorrow so it looks as though that is the route he is going. He is down from a mark of 152 at this time last year to 142 now and will find this more to his liking having raced against the likes of Paisley Park, If The Cap Fits and Santini in recent outings.
    It looks a very competitive race but he must go well.

Thread Information