Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tour De France 2015.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstacy View Post
    Could be the first chance for a break tomorrow with the big teams all keeping their powder dry for the TTT. If the break doesn't succeed,Rodriguez, Martin, and Gallopin would be my favourites. If a break can stay away expect a few of, yates brothers, Simon, Chavenal, Morabito, Gautier, Pauwels, Pozzato, Wellens, Elmiger, Meintjes and Voeckler. being in the break.

My bets
    1.5pts e/w Gallopin 12/1 VC.
    1pt e/w Martin 18/1Corlas
    1pt e/w S Yates 33/1 generally.
    1pt e/w Gautier 100/1 Ladbrokes
    Unlucky there.

First big mountain top finish tomorrow. Froome is a worthy favourite but a bit short for me. Bastille day tomorrow so I expect the French boys to go for this. I'm going all French in my betting. I think a break has a very good chance tomorrow if the right men can get in it. Pinot, Rolland, Barguil, Peraud, Bardet, Vuillermoz, Geniez, Gautier and Cherel would be the big French favourites.

1.5 pt e/w Pinot 25/1 generally.
    1.5pts e/w Rolland 40/1 boyles
    1 pt e/w Vuillermoz 55/1 corals
    1pt e/w Geniez 150/1 generally.

I'm on Barguille e/w. Vive la France
    The US Postal Service honored legendary race horse champion Secretariat with his own postage stamp. That shows you how strange life is for racehorses. You win the race, you wind up on the front of the stamp. Lose a race, you wind up on the back.

That's that
    Pity the real battle is already pretty much over

Game over ball burst
    The US Postal Service honored legendary race horse champion Secretariat with his own postage stamp. That shows you how strange life is for racehorses. You win the race, you wind up on the front of the stamp. Lose a race, you wind up on the back.

Degenerate Member
    You have got to wonder about froome- the way he won today's race is bound to raise suspicions!

If that's the case then there's suspicions about contador, wiggins, nibali and most of the other winners in recent years. The biggest crime against sport that the likes of Armstrong have committed is that they have made us reluctant to enjoy any amazing performance until at least 10 years after it happened for fear of being taken for fools

True that

Degenerate Member
    Still big question marks over our own 2 top guys and they've long since retired. We just don't know how many of them currently are on the sauce. Still cycling is in my top 3 sports that I love to watch regardless

Cormac puts it very well above in fairness. Still I have always believed Froome is on the sauce and yesterday just confirms it for me. Look at Porte in second that was an unreal ride from him.
    The Tour is over for another year unless Froome crashes. Today is made for a strong breakaway and they should go close unless Froome goes ape shit again today. Rolland would be my big favourite for today,he will be going for the KOM and he looked very strong yesterday. Also he is that bit down on GC now. Adam Yates ticks all those boxes as well, he is another that I expect to go well today. There are so many good climbers far down on GC that you have up to 30 genuine contenders for todays stage. My other 2 picks are. Valls and Fugslang.

2pts e/w Rolland 16/1 skybet.
    1.5pts e/w A Yates 33/1 general
    1pt e/w Valls 40/1
    1pt e/w Fugslang 40/1 general

Another great effort by Dan Martin.

It was a great effort by Dan but I knew it was a bad move trying to bridge across in that heat. He should have waited for another day when he missed the initial break.
    At least Froome didn't get to win anyway. If a break doesn't stay away today, he wins easily again, so I,m praying for a strong break.
    I'm going to go with the breakaway riders as the odds are better value even though I think it will be 50_50. Yesterdays break was weak with only Majka and Martin real mountain men. Hopefully today we see some of Rolland, Rogers, Valls, A Yates, Rodriguez, Bardet, Pinot, Talansky, Peraud Hesjedal, Kangert, Uran in the break. Acombination of these would have more than a fifty fifty chance of staying away. The 4 I'm going for are

1pt e/w Bardet 80/1 general
    1pt e/w Rodgers 125/1 skybet
    1pt e/w Talansky 100/1 general
    1pt e/w Kangert 100/1 betfred
    Last edited by Ecstacy; 16-07-2015 at 09:08.

Degenerate Member
    i've gone with Sami Sanchez today, there's already a breakaway

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstacy View Post
    It was a great effort by Dan but I knew it was a bad move trying to bridge across in that heat. He should have waited for another day when he missed the initial break.
    At least Froome didn't get to win anyway. If a break doesn't stay away today, he wins easily again, so I,m praying for a strong break.
    I'm going to go with the breakaway riders as the odds are better value even though I think it will be 50_50. Yesterdays break was weak with only Majka and Martin real mountain men. Hopefully today we see some of Rolland, Rogers, Valls, A Yates, Rodriguez, Bardet, Pinot, Talansky, Peraud Hesjedal, Kangert, Uran in the break. Acombination of these would have more than a fifty fifty chance of staying away. The 4 I'm going for are

1pt e/w Bardet 80/1 general
    1pt e/w Rodgers 125/1 skybet
    1pt e/w Talansky 100/1 general
    1pt e/w Kangert 100/1 betfred
    unlucky there not to get the winner. what price was rodriguez?

Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    unlucky there not to get the winner. what price was rodriguez?
    Brave effort by Bardet not good enough though. I don't know, he was around the top of the betting, must have been about 20/1. He was a very good bet when you think about it. Pinot or Rolland will win a stage just trying to pick the right one.

we are going well here, i expect a break to go well. Lars Bak will love this terrain tomorrow same as Boassen Hagen they are my main picks. Bakelants and Gautier are my others .

1pt e/w EBH 20/1
    1PT E/W bAK 25/1
    1PT E/W bAKELANTS 33/1
    1 P/T EW Gautier 200/1

Come on Big Dan

33/1 3rd yesterday and Gautier gave us a great run at the price only being caught 400M from the line. Today the break has a good chance if the right men are in it. Rodriguez is my big favourite if it comes back together. My other picks are Gallopin Vuillermoz and Kangert.
    3pt win Rodriguez 7/1 corals
    1.5 pts e/w Vuillermoz 33/1 general
    1.5 pts e/w Gallopin 33/1 general
    1pt e/w Kangert 66/1 general

Degenerate Member
    todays winnner must have been a huge price

Cummings was 200/1.
    Should be a break away win today. My main picks are
    1.5 pts e/w Gallopin 25/1 general
    2pts e/w Mathews 50/1 Corals
    1pt e/w Bakelkants 33/1 general
    1pt e/w Jungels 66/1 general