Thread: Galway Day 1

Degenerate Member

Galway Day 1

It's that time again where Galway takes center stage on the irish racing calendar, not so popular with the more experienced gamblors but with it's unique mix of flat and jumps I for one enjoy the week, will be interesting to see how the Weld team get on, they certainly have been in great form so far this year. I've picked a few already and will post them here in the morning.

2. 1 Thanks from:
    machalla

Registered Member
    I'll be there for Galway. I never expect to come out better off from it but I still enjoy it for all that. Its pin in the paper stuff often enough though.

For the 17.10, Henry Higgins may be one to get on. Looks like there's a bit of money for him since earlier this evening as well. In from 12-1 to 15/2.

Degenerate Member
    Bobbys Heart in the 7.15 for the Weld yard.

Registered Member
    I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Arrived yesterday so all set.

I've done a Lucky 15 on Morga (5.10), Quick Jack (6.45), Primogeniture (7.15) and Call Vinnie in the last. That's just for starters, also did those in an e/w accum with Artful Artist and Bobby's Heart.

I've had a few quid each way on Streets Of New York in the 6.45, think it has a decent mark, good jockey booking and Ellison is from close to where I'm from - so a 'patriotic' punt so to speak.

Degenerate Member
    I usually have at least 1 bet in every race with so many big priced winners..

5.10 Elkonrig e/w @ 9/1, Annaghs Haven e/w @ 50/1
    5.40 Kims Dream e/w @ 20/1, Roadtotheisland e/w @ 28/1
    6.45 Marchese Marconi e/w @ 16/1, Fire Fighter e/w @ 16/1
    7.15 Princess Aloof e/w @ 16/1, Tom Dooley e/w @ 7/1
    7.45 Resiliency e/w @ 9/1

Degenerate Member
    Got word for artful artist too& in Ayr push me 5.00 , odds on but apparently owners have big money down to recoup losses from last time

8. 1 Thanks from:
    dropsy

Quote Originally Posted by ceiphas50 View Post
    Got word for artful artist too& in Ayr push me 5.00 , odds on but apparently owners have big money down to recoup losses from last time
    Thanks Ceiphas - won very easy

Degenerate Member
    Galway 6:45

Marchese Marconi
    has some form in the book that gives him a great chance here at a decent looking price. He seems to be better on good ground and was a very good 2nd in the Irish Cesarewitch at the end of last year of this mark. He also beat Pique Sous on good ground in Wexford last year. He is very consistent and looks to have been improving with each run this year hopefully to a decent go at this race. He ran well in this race last year finishing 8th on softer ground which wouldn’t have suited. 16/1 looks value .

1 Point EW 16/1 Various
    Twitter Longshotvalue www.longshotvalue.com Pricewise challange

Registered Member
    Here at galway and some word for Timiyan for the 19.45. For what it's worth.

12. 1 Thanks from:
    leon1

Registered Member
    And that's started the week well for me.

Degenerate Member
    off to a steady start with 4 placed horses for me today

Thread Information