Thread: Ascot Day 2

Degenerate Member

Ascot Day 2

Royal Hunt Cup 5:00

Santefisio ran a superb race last year in the Buckingham Palace here when 4th off this mark. He comfortably won the race on his side and I think he may well be suited by the step up in trip. His last 2 runs have looked to have him back to form and I’m pretty sure than this race has been his target. 50/1 looks good value for good Ascot Form which means a lot here.

1 Point EW 50/1 5 Places Stan James / Ladbrokes

Also in this race Trumpet Major’s form on good or faster ground is very good and as well as he ran last time I think he will be better here over 1 furlong shorter as all his form is over 1 mile. He could well be the class horse of the race and a rating of 106 looks a tad generous as he was a solid 114 horses only 18 months ago. He has had just 2 runs this year and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was his target.

1 Point win 18/1 Betfair/Ladbrokes
    Last edited by aidankk; 17-06-2014 at 20:02.
    Twitter Longshotvalue www.longshotvalue.com Pricewise challange

Degenerate Member
    Like the look of trumpet major too although hughesie not riding would be a big negative. Burano also looks to have a chance as it has dropped a few pounds in the handicap too.

Registered Member
    Just had a cursory look but I like the look of Weld's e/w in the first. Thought it ran a decent run in the Irish 2000. I'm not sure how it will go if the ground firms up, but I think the drop down to 7f wil suit. 13-2 with Bet Victor.

4. 1 Thanks from:
    Tush

Registered Member
    Have backed Great White Eagle at 25s think Joseph has chosen the wrong horse. Looked a nice type at two I can forgive him his last two runs he fared better than the bare result first time when probably needing a run the yard couldn't buy a winner at the time, and heavy ground was never going to suit an American bred last time in the Guineas. back down in trip he looks to have a nice turn of foot and could go well at a price the firmer the better for him. Ballydoyle won this the last two years with horses st a big price coming from the Guineas and I think this horse could be better than he showed thus far this season
    Last edited by UrbanSea; 18-06-2014 at 05:11.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSea View Post
    Have backed Great White Eagle at 25s think Joseph has chosen the wrong horse. Looked a nice type at two I can forgive him his last two runs he fared better than the bare result first time when probably needing a run the yard couldn't buy a winner at the time, and heavy ground was never going to suit an American bred last time in the Guineas. back down in trip he looks to have a nice turn of foot and could go well at a price the firmer the better for him. Ballydoyle won this the last two years with horses st a big price coming from the Guineas and I think this horse could be better than he showed thus far this season
    Totally agree 44 on betfair i've had a spin..
    Twitter Longshotvalue www.longshotvalue.com Pricewise challange

Degenerate Member
    hugh taylor puts up mukhadrram in the the big race and you can see why as it looks a bet to nothing EW @6/1 and must have a fair enough chance of winning too

Registered Member
    I really fancy Great White Eagle 40/1 in the first today. Ran a fine race on his seasonal reappearance and I'll forgive him his poor run in the Guineas on unsuitable heavy ground. Trip/ground all look in his favour today and I think he's a massive price.

Everyone and their mother has tipped up Anthem Alexander 7/2 and I've had a good cut off her. She showed a savage turn of foot last time out and being a half sister to Dandy Man out of Starspangledbanner I think she will leave them for dust today.

I'm going to side with Magician 13/2 against Treve in the Price Of Wales. He shouldn't have ran at the Curragh the last day as the ground was all against him. Gets his ground on what I feel is his perfect trip and I think he's an e/w bet to nothing and I'm hopeful he'll put it up to Treve.

Peace Burg 33/1 looks massively overpriced in the Duke Of Cambridge. She had some very good form in France and ran a fine race on debut for Aidan O'Brien conceding weight to Flying Jig. Her best form is on good ground so I'm willing to forgive her poor run last time out. On official ratings she doesn't have a whole lot to find with the principals and if she can bounce back to form she could go well at a price.

Good luck chaps.

Degenerate Member
    3.45 mukahddraam I will row in with taylors tip here and have 3pts ew at 7/1 with bet victor.
    5.00 i am going to back burano,chill the kite and starboard and hope fully will get a run for my money 0.5pts ew each
    5.35 queen of pawer will carry my dough in this one his maiden win looks good to me and he didnt run too bad in a group 1 LTO. 1pt ew @28/1.

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    3.45 mukahddraam I will row in with taylors tip here and have 3pts ew at 7/1 with bet victor.
    5.00 i am going to back burano,chill the kite and starboard and hope fully will get a run for my money 0.5pts ew each
    5.35 queen of pawer will carry my dough in this one his maiden win looks good to me and he didnt run too bad in a group 1 LTO. 1pt ew @28/1.
    well that was an expensive start to the day at least they shouldnt go closing my account now after that!

Degenerate Member
    Mebs of a day today which will be a whole lot worse if direct flo doesn't win the 9.10 - max ew for me

Degenerate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombo View Post
    Mebs of a day today which will be a whole lot worse if direct flo doesn't win the 9.10 - max ew for me
    2nd thought it was going to win for awhile!

Thread Information