Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry's Blog Shortcut

Motherflipping BOOM! Just goes to show you should always talk to yourself and persuade yourself of how sure you are .... Glad that worked out
    The US Postal Service honored legendary race horse champion Secretariat with his own postage stamp. That shows you how strange life is for racehorses. You win the race, you wind up on the front of the stamp. Lose a race, you wind up on the back.

Putting 1 point on Turnandgo at the awful but probably very fair price of 1/10 mainly so I can watch the race. Being fair if I was a big punter I'd prob be having a cut at this too though.
    The US Postal Service honored legendary race horse champion Secretariat with his own postage stamp. That shows you how strange life is for racehorses. You win the race, you wind up on the front of the stamp. Lose a race, you wind up on the back.

Unseated PM with the race won. Some fingers singed there I'd say, glad I got out of it only losing a point.

Putting 1.5 points e/w on Rebel Song in the 5.25 Meydan at 5/1. Backed him e/w last time too when beaten a head by Ukranian. He gets a 3 pound swing for that, his first run since March and so far in his career has shown he improves for a run so hopefully he should go close at an e/w price.

Pretty much up to date with my maths now but going to be away for the weekend so I'll do up a blog for the next few days later on when I'm feeling a bit less lethargic.

I intend using this for whatever I add over the weekend so to save me opening the blog to check my P/L, I'm currently +9.48 and lucky to be there.

Larry’s Blog – Entry 3

Written by: Larryk

Right then, I suppose it’s only fair to start with the negatives. Every single horse I put up in yesterday’s post lost. In fairness two finished second and Holywell’s jumping cost him big time and is probably one to keep an eye one, but that’s just sugar coating the issue. At the end of the [read more]

2 points captain conan 3 taquin de seuil 1.5 double. 2 points rvp 1st goal 1 point united to win 2-0. United!

Clounts meadows 4 points e/w at 25/1 in the cork bumper.

2.20 twinlight 3 points at 4/5

Giroud first goal 1 point at 5/1

3 points panthers super bowl at 10s

5.10 One scoop or two 1.5 e/w @5/1
    the fav looks too high in the weights based on his win last time out and the second that he beat by a nose being beaten getting weight from a horse rated 11 pounds Jaladee's inferior. No strength in depth on paper and as I've backed this horse before in better races I can't see why he shouldn't be backed today at an e/w price and being supported in the betting

2nd to the ex-Irish trained Suehail. Beat the fav and made .3 profit out of it so can't complain.
    +28.86 so far. Happy out and lucky out.

Larry’s Blog – Entry 4

Written by: Larryk

As Forrest Gump once said, ‘Life is like a packet of Rowntree’s Randoms, you never know whether you’ll get an ice cream cone or a football boot or a van.” My blog has kind of being flittering along like that so far, playing percentages and value more than*safe bets and so far I have been [read more]

Not sure if I'll stay up to watch it but having looked into the Cowboys v Bears game there are a lot of bets I like the look of (and a couple for devilment)

Missed the 82.5 @ 5/6 Ecstasy spotted earlier (great spot and thanks for the heads up to the rest of us) on DeMarco Murray's rushing yards but still going to back him over 88.5 at 8/11.
    Chicago have the worst run defense in the league since game 7 giving up 205.2 yards per game and 10 Touch Downs since, their defense is riddled with injuries and Murray's very impressive back up Dunbar is out for the season.
    Surely this means more carries for Murray, especially against a defense that is weak against the run.
    Also backing Murray for 1st Td, 1st 2nd half TD and any time TD. Greedy or brave?

The Bears have won once since losing Cutler and while the Cowboys have a tendency (a big one) to do things the hard they surely should be odds on for this and you'd fancy them to win this even if it is ugly and Romo has to drive them home again (after probably being a lot of the cause of their troubles.

For the Bears Alshon Jeffery is in the enviable position of being a beast while also having Brandon Marshall as a number 1 receiver to take some of the heat off of him. Marshall has also said he's not looking forward to his likely match up with Brandon Carr. While this could be false flattery it's still noteworthy and JefferIy looks a good bet to go over 78.5 yards receiving at 5/6. I'm ignoring his first 3 games of the season and since then he has gone over that number 6 times from 9 games, scoring 5 Touch Downs. He comes into this game off the best game of his career setting a franchise record 249 yards receiving for 2 Touch Downs last week at Minnesota. This bit of the write up has made me a lot less confident on the Cowboys' victory but my bets are down. What's done cannot be undone.

Bets
    Cowboys to win 4 points @ evens
    DeMarco Murray over 88.5 yard rushing 5 points @ 8/11
    DeMarco Murray any time TD scorer 3 point @ 4/6
    DeMarco 1st TD 1 point @ 15/2
    DeMarco Murray 1st TD of second half 1 point @ 15/2
    Alshon Jeffery over 78.5 receiving yards 2 points @ 5/6
    Alshon Jeffrey and time TD scorer 2 points @ 7/5
    Last edited by larryk; 10-12-2013 at 02:32. Reason: Silliness

Hit the bar with my nfl bets more or less. Think I lost a point but I'll do the maths later. Having a 1.5 point trixie tonight on psg @ 12/5, juve @ 10/11 and United @ 21/20. The price on psg is just too big even with nothing to play for as surely there will be players out to impress on a rare opportunity for them, while juve only really need a draw you'd imagine they'll play to win and should things go their way early they should get plenty of chances to catch galatasary on the counter when they are forced to stretch themselves. United, while poor in their back to back losses were also unlucky and will be out to make amends tonight. If they put a decent side out tonight, especially if kagawa starts I'll have a decent bet on them later.

Like that team. 5 points united @ 11/10

United won 1-0 psg lost 2-1 and juve game was abandoned. Need juve to win to get my stake back for the trixie.

7.50 dundalk bought for a song 1.5 points e/w @ 14/1. Had him in my tracker when he was rated 63 and I'll give him one more go at least down to 55. His two tries at today's 7 furlong trip here earlier this year saw him finish 4th and 2nd so hopefully the extra furlong will see him in good light again tonight.

4 point treble on Chelsea, dortmund and barcelona. Put my write up in the midweek soccer thread by accident and on my phone so it will have to stay there for the moment.

Bought for a song making a habit of just missing out. 4th.
    4 points alpha and omega @ 6/5. Local horse to me and apparently he's strongly fancied. Was beaten well enough at 3/1 last time out but today's extra furlong should definitely help given he spent much of the autumn hurdling over two miles. Fran berry a very positive booking too.

Thread Information