Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry's Blog Shortcut

Larry’s Blog

Written by: Larryk

Alright guys, out of sheer boredom I’ve decided to do another blog, but this time a lot less of the focus is going to be on finding winners and previewing them, I think. I doubt very much I will be making myself or anyone else rich with my picks, but as long as I’m putting [read more]

Larry's Blog Shortcut

Going to be nice and hypocritical and do exactly what I said I wouldn't, run a log with the blog but I suppose it's a better alternative than after timing.
    The rest of my bets are in the blog so far (not going well) but gonna add 1 pt e/w on Raduis Bleu @ 20/1 in the 2.10 off bottom weight. Has a good record at the track and would be half the price if he was with a more renowned stable.
    The US Postal Service honored legendary race horse champion Secretariat with his own postage stamp. That shows you how strange life is for racehorses. You win the race, you wind up on the front of the stamp. Lose a race, you wind up on the back.

no dice, close enough 5th and a decent performance.

2.30 Russian Ice 1.5 e/w @ 12/1
    Nearly forgot this one after picking him out last night. He has always shown improvement for a couple runs, get his third start of the season today, stable is going very well, he's 2 pounds lower than his last winning mark and has shown somewhat of a liking for Lingfield.
    The US Postal Service honored legendary race horse champion Secretariat with his own postage stamp. That shows you how strange life is for racehorses. You win the race, you wind up on the front of the stamp. Lose a race, you wind up on the back.

3.00 Knockgraffom Lad 1 e/w @5/1

Yes boy finally a return. 2nd 3.10 Motou 1 pt e/w @ 15/2

2nd again 3.20 Donna's Pride - 1.5 pt e/w @ 7/2

4th Time to call it a day now soon and go to work. Before that though Entitlement 1.5 e/w @ 8/1 in the 3.30

Gonna try Garoun for 1.5 pts in the 3.50 @ 2/1

Garraun even

Right so, so far so bad. One for the road. A .48 trixie and .03 treble on draws in the Premiership. The games I have are Swansea v Newcastle @ 12/5, Stoke v Cardiff @ 23/10 and Southampton v Villa @ 14/5. That's 1.95 points staked to get 39.4 back give or take. Chance?

Larry’s Blog 2

Written by: Larryk

Back in college, Kickon and I used to occasionally-ish kill an hour or two in the bookies when we were too lazy to go to class. In our unjustified optimism we used often say it was bad luck to win your first bet. Obviously the reasoning behind this was to attempt some very basic reverse [read more]

I'll sort out the blog and my none too flattering statistics over the course of the evening but for now there are a few runners I like coming up in Clonmel.
    First out I've 4.84 points on Kalmann @ 10/11 in the 2.15. Fair enough its his first start over fences and his second start in the UK and Ireland but his other start saw him fairly well fancied off 133 for the Fred Winter. The likely second favourite Golanbrook is rated as a 127 horse over fences and won his last hurdles start off a rating of 120. Kalmann should be well up to matching that already but when you add in likely improvement, the fact Willie Mullins says the horse jumps fences well and the 11 pound weight allowance he gets from all the field bar fellow 4 year old He Rock's, 10/11 looks a more than fair price.

Carnage at the end there with 3 horses falling at the second last giving the race to Golanbrook who was under pressure at the time. I think Kalmann would have won but not positive and won't know know till his next run at least. In the 2.30 I'm having 2 points e/w on Mini Muck who won two starts back at today's distance then didn't have the pace for 2 miles last time out. Nigel Twiston Davies says the following of her; "Backto 2m 4+f here, should suit her better and with the ground riding on the soft side too, she should be able to return to the form that saw her win. This is her handicap debut and she could just be in on a handy mark. A good run can be expected."

Jesus, Nigel wan't far wrong. That was very impressive. In the 2.45 having 3 points e/w on Georgie @ 11/2. Backed him last time out when I really liked his chances and he just seemed to get going too late that day. He ran on from too far back past a lot of horses before seeming to realise there was too much on his plate and leaving it off to trail in 8th. He was supported that day, is being supported today, drops back to 2 miles and got a bit of brake after running twice in three days when last seen. The first of those runs saw him get an unclear passage for a lot of the race when having been sent off the 2/1 fav. If he can perform up to his potential he should have a great chance down a pound to 94 and receiving weight from all the field bar one.

He's frustrating. Having 2 pt e/w on the gamble snowed in at 4/1 in the 2.50

3rd is okay. In the 3.00 having 3 points e/w on Ifyousayso. Won 2 bumpers on quick ground and was clearly highly thought of. Today's return to fast ground plus the benefit of a run over fences must give him a big shout. I'd be weary of the Kim Bailey gamble who also showed a likeness for fast ground but with no prior run over fences I'm happy to be on Ifyousayso instead.

That's the job Never put in my price but got there late and got 11/2. In the 3.15 Treat yourself looks to be the one @ 7/2. Similar level of hurdles form as the best of the rest but his one chase start has been seriously well franked with a 146 rated winner and Golanbrook second winning earlier today in a way hotter race than this

I have 4 points on that. Forgot to put it in with my rushing

2nd but would have been beaten by Goal and still well held by the winner.

3.30 Lost in Newyork - 1.5 points e/w @ 9/1. 1 point e/w @ 7/1
    There's just something about this fella that says the money coming for him could be justified. He's halved from 18s to 9s and runs at Leicester for the second time. The first outing here was his rules debut and that performance over today's trip on the same ground earned him an opening handicap mark of 102. Less than a year later he runs here again off bottom weight and a mark of 79 having shown flashes of form and being supported on a number of his starts between then and now. Running with a racing weight of 9-12 thanks to his 7 pound claimer he could well spring a surprise in this and land a bit of a touch. I added the extra 1 point e/w because I talked myself into liking his chances even more with my write up

Thread Information