Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fancy writing for us?

Fancy writing for us?

There are a lot of you out there who write very well about horse racing, soccer, rugby etc...

Just wondering if you'd be interested in writing some regular blogs that we will host on the site. We will run an affiliate through the page and as it starts to get hits, you can make a few bob. (It's never huge but can pay for some of your betting bank).

Someone better have a lock of the week every week.

Give it to me straight, like a pear cider made from 100% pear(s)

3. 4 Thanks from:
    DmanDmythDledge, Jombo, steveymp, Supes

I would be interested.

5. 1 Thanks from:
    Supes

How about a retired gambler's blog

I'd be the first to admit it would be a VERY boring read

Get DIF to do one Supes, a blog by a Sweedish Housewife will always get good traffic obviously for the wrong reasons
    2010 Let's Bet PGA Competition Winner 2012 Let's Bet Open winner

7. 2 Thanks from:
    DIF, Supes

Degenerate Member
    I'd be happy to do some writing when the flat horse racing season kicks off depending on the frequency required. (Or on some of the better all weather during the winter).
    Last edited by masterK; 06-03-2012 at 13:25.

9. 1 Thanks from:
    Supes

I'd also like to help out if needed.

11. 1 Thanks from:
    Supes

Supes i would be intrested i do a lot of bets mostly jump racing and golf also some rugby, fairly busy in work but would be intrested in a weekly or perhaps even forthnightly coloumn
    Doctor is there something wrong with me im not in recession

13. 1 Thanks from:
    Supes

Yeah I'll try string a few sentences together if needed, preferably on the decent flat racing and/or football, mainly Irish football.

15. 1 Thanks from:
    Supes

I'll do a special "let'sbet investigates" piece on why Liverpool fans are utterly retarded.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

17. 2 Thanks from:
    faoilean, skio

Quote Originally Posted by valain View Post
    I'll do a special "let'sbet investigates" piece on why Liverpool fans are utterly retarded.
    Or else do a piece once a year where you can bitch and then complain how quiet this place is

I could write about why there are Fuck all Everton Fans in Ireland.but I dont have to its obvious why.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Quote Originally Posted by steveymp View Post
    Or else do a piece once a year where you can bitch and then complain how quiet this place is
    It is quiet though Stevey, it's gone to ruin, hence why Supes is coming up with a new idea of throwing up a few articles to try and keep it relevant. The level of posting is shite on here compared to the past. Just stating a fact but lads like you will keep it down in the doldrums by saying it's great. I suppose you'll reply with your clichéd Rolleyes
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

There really isn't that many busy betting forums in Ireland anymore. We're one of the only ones still actually going.

LoL Valain have ya any sense in ya at all this is not Disneyland your in its a forum with a group of lads and lassies who get on and have a laugh. The lads could easily change the name to lets talk.ie and yad still get the same people posting. I do agree about its not what it once was, the Tips have dried up but the interest in the site, other than yourself, has not.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

23. 3 Thanks from:
    DIF, steveymp, Supes

valain, you know where the door is. I'd love if you used it.

We have tumbled, as though through error, into a world which by all evidence was not intended for us. We cling to a fragment of a grain of sand until such time as the chill of death shall return us to primal matter. We strut for a tiny moment upon a tiny stage, well knowing that all our aspirations are doomed to ultimate failure and that everything we have achieved will perish with our race leaving the universe as though we had never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Supes View Post
    There really isn't that many busy betting forums in Ireland anymore. We're one of the only ones still actually going.
    Betting forums that are dedicated solely to that cause are awful. You usually get 20 or 30 lads saying how great a bet Liverpool are, or calling Kauto a shit horse cause they did a fiver on him one day. That's what differentiated this place from those. It was more than that, also there were a few more serious punters around so ridiculous ego's etc didn't exist, everyone understood the game. In recent month though letsbet seems to be infiltrated with numptys. Even Tubber has to contribute with "ah sure it's a mugs game, racing is fixed" to almost everything people post on that sport. It's just a bit of feedback, afterall we are your customers in a sense, but don't worry I expected to be slated by the wanna be know it alls like Pete, Stevey etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubber View Post
    I do agree about its not what it once was, the Tips have dried up but the interest in the site, other than yourself, has not.
    I'd argue the last line there Tubber, the likes of Murph, Gamblor, Seanus, MasterK, Bman, Kickon, Myself, Milne, etc etc the list is extensive, either don't post here anymore or do so very sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    valain, you know where the door is. I'd love if you used it.
    Cheers Bro.
    Last edited by valain; 07-03-2012 at 20:26.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

End of the day Valain, you get out what you put in

I'm not picking a fight here, I enjoy our banter, you know that, we will never agree on certain footy matters but I do enjoy you being here and your all too seldom contributions. Get posting a bit more its not all about tips and horses, the golf forum here has really taken off over the past 2 years. I am on a self imposed betting ban at present but that doesn't stop me competing in the comps and enjoying the craic.

Your a good laugh when you post, so do it a bit more

EDIT: Damn only 2 smileys (well 3 now)
    Last edited by steveymp; 07-03-2012 at 20:42.

People's lives have changed. Internet forums, especially betting ones are by-products of better economic times.

The people that stayed did so because of the community aspect to it, which something we felt was very important from the start.

People have come and gone, some of whom have simply disappeared from the Internet, others often pop up on other forums. I would of course be interested to hear their reasons for not coming back here. Other forums are strict and not very user orientated. You have to really go over the top to get banned here and we spent a lot of money at the start in competitions etc.

I like having the villains and the heroes on the forum. And then the heroes, like Stevey, suddenly do a u-turn and become assholes. It's great entertainment. But we know them at this stage and of course Stevey and tubber, Pete, buzz etc are some of the nicest guys you can meet.

I hope everyone, including you valain, hang around for the next stage of our...process?

28. 2 Thanks from:
    steveymp, Tubber

Quote Originally Posted by steveymp View Post
    End of the day Valain, you get out what you put in

I'm not picking a fight here, I enjoy our banter, you know that, we will never agree on certain footy matters but I do enjoy you being here and your all too seldom contributions. Get posting a bit more its not all about tips and horses, the golf forum here has really taken off over the past 2 years. I am on a self imposed betting ban at present but that doesn't stop me competing in the comps and enjoying the craic.

Your a good laugh when you post, so do it a bit more

EDIT: Damn only 2 smileys (well 3 now)
    Nice brown-nosing Stevey!

The Everton-Liverpool "banter" is one of the only reasons I still come here.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that you get out of it what you put in. If you contribute to a thread here, you can expect to wait a day if ever for fellow contributions. Unless of course you want to add a bet into some syndicate etc.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Moi, Brown Nosing, NEVER

I enjoy the craic here, if it becomes boring I will leave, but its a real nice wee, not overly moderated forum where you can call a spade a digging implement without being dragged up for it

Oh and I can be an Arsehole occasionally and still be appreciated for it

Thread Information